Say hello to NatuPet - CBD for pets
NatuPet is a new dedicated pet brand committed to developing high-quality and versatile CBD products for the comfort and care of your pets.
With years of experience and industry-leading technology, our products are specifically designed for your pet, so that they too can benefit from CBD.
What is CBD? ‘A quick recall’
CBD is one of the many ‘cannabinoids’ naturally present in the cannabis plant.
In simple terms, ‘cannabinoids’ are active chemical compounds that are present in many plants. However, the term cannabinoid is often associated with only one type of plant- the cannabis plant. Cannabidiol (or CBD as many of you will know it), is one of the most popularised and well-researched Cannabinoids.
So far, research has led to the discovery of more than 500 natural chemical ingredients from cannabis. Yet less than one hundred have actually been identified. For example, CBN, THCV, CBG, CBC, CBL, and many more are among those slowly gaining more attention. But the most popular is still THC and CBD.
Cannabis is an umbrella term for all the different species within this plant family. To break it down into a broad classification of species of cannabis, we would generally consider Sativa, Ruderalis, and Indica. Cannabis Sativa is also known as hemp and is often referred to as industrial hemp. It has low levels of THC (lower than 0.2%) and high amounts of CBD.
It is important to realise that the hemp plant is also a great source of renewable raw material. The history of hemp dates back thousands of years and has been used by different cultures around the world for a variety of industrial practices to produce, for example; clothing, biofuel, fibres as well to produce animal feed and topical medicinal products, and more.
CBD for pets
The spiraling trends in the legalisation of more and more cannabis-related products have resulted in market expansion and kindled public interests. And this movement will likely progress towards further advancement in the field of CBD, as research about its value and efficacy in potentially helping numerous health issues is also growing.
Currently, however, studies focusing on the benefits of CBD, (or at least identifying the relevance of CBD for pets), are limited in volume. Because of this, an increasing number of pet owners are now taking the initiative to approach their local vets directly, in order to seek their advice on natural alternatives to supplement their pet’s diet.
Since we share a mutually beneficial relationship with our pets, their health and happiness of course reflects on ours too. And what is it that makes them happy? Food!
A nutritious and balanced diet is essential to keep our pets cheerful and healthy. Therefore pet health and well-being are considered fundamental concerns for most pet owners.
Moreover, if pet owners were to learn more about their pet’s anatomy and bodily functions, it would help a great deal in planning their nutritional needs. Because an appropriate diet could keep metabolic stress at bay.
At NatuPet, the safety and well-being of your pets are our primary focus. For this reason, all of our CBD pet products are made from natural hemp extracts and we only obtain our hemp from organic sources. Combined with pet-friendly flavors, our range of CBD products for pets could be a great addition to their daily diet.
We recommend that you invest some time to learn about CBD, in order to make informed decisions when buying CBD products.
CBD oil for Dogs
If you are a dog owner, then you are likely aware of the growing trends about using CBD oil for dogs. But there are two sides to this. On the one hand, it can be insightful to learn about how other pet owners are giving CBD to their pets, but on the other hand, we are learning that research on how CBD affects dogs is unfortunately still in its early stages. Therefore, pet owners often have to inform themselves based on their experiential and collective knowledge.
Some important aspects to keep in mind while giving your dog CBD:
- Choice of product- NatuPet CBD oil for dogs comes in two different potencies containing 2.5% and 4% CBD. They are also available in your dog's favourite flavours: chicken and beef. Therefore, it is important to choose a CBD oil potency which is corresponding to the size and age of your dog. You may also talk to your veterinarian to find out which potency is advised.
- Dosage -you will find dosage suggestions on our product labels. But every dog is different. We recommend reaching out to your vet if you are concerned about whether the suggested dosage would suit your dog. So, as a rule of thumb, start with a low dosage and increase in small steps over time, if necessary. Once you know how your dog responds to a particular dose, then you may gradually modify it according to your dog’s need.
CBD oil for cats
CBD oil works differently for cats. But since cats are smaller than dogs, dosage and potencies vary to suit their needs.
Equally important, it is often difficult to feed cats any new food. So, cat owners often end up making creative ways to give their furry friends a healthy diet.
Our CBD oil for cats comes in a 2.5% potency and has the fishy flavor that cats love.
Since research on CBD for cats is sparse, there are a lot of unknowns to be addressed.
CBD oil for Horses
Horses are powerful animals but are emotional and family-oriented. Their complex body gives them the natural ability to survive and adapt to different environments.
Therefore, feeding a horse with an appropriate diet that keeps them nourished is indeed challenging.
Furthermore, from a research perspective, the potential benefits and effects of CBD on horses are still imprecise. Currently, the most favourable references are from other owners, horse caretakers, and small-sized case studies from horse farms.
What to know about CBD for pets?
First and foremost, pet owners need to know the source from which the CBD has been extracted. That is, whether the CBD in the CBD oil for your pet has been extracted from hemp or Cannabis?
Therefore when you decide to include CBD in your pet's diet, ensure that the CBD is derived from hemp extracts.
Secondly, talk to your veterinarian. Make sure that he/she is aware that you are giving CBD to your pet.
CBD given to pets must not contain toxins. It must be, Gluten-free, and Non-GMO and have non-detectable THC levels.
CBD for pets must be exclusively made for them and bear proper labels. Information about the product, potency, quantity, and dosage instructions are mandatory.
A quick tip: if you're giving CBD to your pet for the first time, it is good to begin with CBD oils. Using this method, you are able to have control over every drop and tailor the dosage accordingly.
How to use CBD on pets?
On a general note, you can administer CBD to your dogs or cats quite easily. The most practical way to give your pet CBD is orally.
You could try the following ways to give CBD oil to your dog:
- First things first, consult a veterinarian before starting to give your pet CBD, to double-check if there could be interactions with their regular medication
- Take the required quantity of CBD oil in the dropper, gently lift your dog's side lip and squeeze the CBD oil onto their gum line.
- Mix CBD oil in their food: take the required amount of CBD oil in the dropper and squeeze it evenly over the food. Just make sure they eat it all up.
- Another method is applying CBD oil to your dog’s favourite treats. Don't you agree that the best trick to grab your pet's attention, as well as to train them, is playtime?! And playtime means treats! So try choosing their favourite CBD oil flavour (chicken or beef) and drop them onto their treat.
But, every pet is different. Keep trying out different methods until they are used to the habit of taking CBD.
Usually, it is easier to train dogs with a new routine habit. But, when it comes to cats, it can indeed be a great test of patience. Because cats are often quick, unpredictable, moody, and prefer their own space...so how do you give them the intended dosage?
Here are some options:
- A hassle-free method to give your cat CBD is by infusing CBD oil in your cat’s food or water. Simply measure the required dosage of CBD oil using the dropper and mix together with their meal. Just make sure that they eat all the food in the bowl.
- The next best method is giving them CBD oil directly into their mouth. But, to train them for this habit may take some time, as it depends on your cat’s nature.
- And not to forget, as a rule of thumb, consult your vet for more options on other ways to give your cats CBD along with dosage and frequency.
Is there a difference between CBD for humans and CBD for pets?
The source of CBD oil for humans, dogs, and cats may be hemp-derived. But there are other differences to bear in mind.
- CBD products for pets are designed specifically for pets and labelled as per industry standards.
- There are different types of CBD for humans, such as full-spectrum, broad-spectrum CBD, and isolates that come in varying concentrations and potencies. Pets may not be able to tolerate them.
- Pet CBD comes in palatable flavours such as chicken, beef, or fish to disguise the earthy taste of hemp. But, these products are not suitable for human consumption.